Wednesday 25 January 2012

We've withdrawn Harlan from nursery. I was never entirely comfortable with putting him in but we decided to try it as he may have loved it. But I think changing from childminder to nursery, plus R being back at work, has just been too much change for my little man. As a result, he's been waking upset at night (and spending the rest of the night asleep across me!) and been clingy and whining. He's home with me now, and will be doing one day a week with his old childminder. Hoping this will help him to feel more secure again and I'll get my happy boy back.

On a walk the other day, Harlan spotted a concrete bollard which had been partially knocked over. I asked him what he thought had done it and he replied it was a space ship and went on to describe to me a five-eyed, five-legged, ten-armed blue alien. It led to a few discussions about space and the planets so today I used a piece of cardboard and cut out a rocket ship. He painted it, added some shapes for buttons and windows and tissue paper for flames. I'm planning a space themed wall, we can make planets, the sun and moon and stars. Really looking forward to it developing over the next few weeks. Here is the rocket, and I'll add more pictures as he creates his galaxy.

1 comment: