Saturday 7 April 2012

Birthday visit and illness

Wednesday was my Grandad's 71st birthday and my grandparents' wedding anniversary. We drove down to Nailsworth for a surprise visit and took them a laminated salad-spinner painting that Harlan had done and a garden wildlife reference book for my Grandad. Harlan, for some reason, was adamant that his Great Grandfather would want a card with a picture of a guinea pig riding a pink sparkly scooter so that's what he gave him! We also took Grandad out for a birthday ice cream on the common, where I used to go for a treat when I was a child. He is a very poorly man these days, and has been registered disabled for 35 years, but his face when he is playing with Harlan is a sight to behold. When we were on the common, Harlan and Grandad ran around, and whilst I knew Grandad would pay for it the next day, it was brilliant to see him so happy.

Unfortunately, since we got back Harlan has had a nasty cold. He's been coughing, snotty, sore throat, vomiting and generally miserable and lethargic. He seems to have gotten over the worst of it now, although not before infecting my Granny on the Wednesday we visited and myself since getting home! He's doing the usual of perking up during the day but flagging at night.

Undoubtedly I will have pictures to upload tomorrow, as the Easter Bunny has visited our garden tonight (with lots of milk/soya free treats!) and on Monday my Mum and brother are visiting and taking Harlan and I back with them to their home in the Brecons, for a holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, just lol'ing at the random comment you got.

    Hope you're all feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete