Sunday 29 April 2012

Rainy day activities

In between rain showers this week, we've been making mad dashes to the park and meeting up with friends, but I've not been well so haven't felt up to braving the weather too often. As a result we've spent a lot of time indoors.

I got some bargain dot to dot books at Aldi, which have proved popular with Harlan, as well as the obligatory dominoes games every day. My grandmother is sending Harlan some money this week and we're planning to take him to Toys'r'us to choose some new board games.



Last night I looked at the forecast for today, which predicted rain all day. I took a look at my Pinterest boards for inspiration and hit upon food dyed salt and rice. We had some green, red and blue food dye left from our flower experiment so I prepared the salt and rice and put it on the table ready for today.

 


We ended up spending the morning snuggled under the duvet watching TV and didn't even have breakfast until lunchtime! After brunch we got out PVA glue and sugar paper - did some patterns, a big letter H and on one piece of paper I helped Harlan write his name with the PVA, before sprinkling rice and salt all over the glue.






Afterwards, Harlan asked if he could do some washing up - and who am I to say no to such a request?! I set him up with some warm soapy water and left him to play, pouring water between cups and making bubbles. How many years before he starts trying to get out of washing up?








No comments:

Post a Comment