Monday 19 March 2012

Mothering Sunday and beansprouts

 We spent yesterday with my mum, taking her flowers for the house and some wildflower seeds for her garden. Harlan loves playing at my parents' house as they live in the Brecons and have a large garden with trees, grass and a stream to play in.





On Pinterest I saw a project that I had done at primary school myself, of taking beans and watching them sprout. I ordered some beansprouts with my Abel & Cole delivery and we have put them in Harlan's empty wormery. They are on damp kitchen roll and (at my husband's suggestion) we plan to take a photo of them every day to compare how they develop.



I asked Harlan why we needed to put them on the windowsill and he knew it was for warmth. We won't eat these beans as the wormery we're growing them in isn't the cleanest ;-) but we have a box of beansprouts he might like to try.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh I remember that experiment from primary school days. I look forward to seeing their progress!

    ReplyDelete