Thursday 29 March 2012

Still sunny!

Well this weather has lasted the week, so we've been making the most of it.





We spent one afternoon at Barlaston Downs, it is only a few miles from us and has stunning scenery and a shallow, clear stream that is perfect for paddling in. Very popular with dog walkers, we take our dogs there, but this time we left the dogs at home and went for a peaceful paddle.





 I have been trying to find a cheap fishing net (the sort you would buy at a beach for rockpooling) as Harlan loves pond dipping, but as I have had no luck I bought a cheap - 80p! - sieve and he used that to try and catch some fish. Between paddling, fishing, building dams with stones and balancing on fallen trees across the stream, it made for a cheap and enjoyable afternoon.




Back at home, I made some salt dough, but added a bit of sunflower oil to give it that lovely smooth texture, and used food dye to colour it. The shirt I was wearing will never be the same again!

Harlan decided it would look very nice if he used it to decorate the front wall of our house - I really should tidy that up as there are still bits of salt dough stuck to the wall.








I've also been working on giving Harlan's bedroom a Super Mario theme, and have painted these three canvases. Just waiting for Rusty to hang them for me - I'm liable to drill through a pipe or something equally disastrous!












No comments:

Post a Comment